Top leaders are important, but it’s the rank-and-file talent that truly drives innovation in government. The Rising Star awards recognize those outstanding early-career individuals who are doing great things today — and who are likely to be filling the senior slots tomorrow.
Not sure who qualifies as a Rising Star? We’re looking for early-career phenoms whose leadership, innovation and all-around extra effort are having a powerful and positive impact on federal IT.
Here are five points to remember:
- Anyone in the federal IT community is eligible: military and civilian, career and political, contractor, academic and association expert alike.
- Winners go above and beyond — whatever their level or rank. A fancy job title is not required, and just doing one’s job well is not enough.
- You can make multiple nominations. Do so early and often.
- Impact matters. The judges need to know not only what a nominee did but also what all that work accomplished.
- Age does not matter, but nominees must be less than 10 years into their work in the federal IT community.
So if you know someone — or several someones — who should be considered, nominate him or her today!